Skip to main content

Wavy

As soon as I reach the water I scream. The water is freezing! The voice in the back of my head tells me to go back inside and go back to sleep, considering it is four in the morning. Instead, I tell myself to keep going because catching this wave will make it all worth it. My cousin paddles out first and I follow. When I hop on my board, I cringe from the many bruises and rashes that I had acquired over the past three weeks of surfing. We have a pretty far paddle out to the point and my arms feel like bricks, not wanting to move. But again, I tell myself to keep going because the feeling of catching a wave is that worth it.

When we reach the point, I sit up to get a good view of what is ahead. My cousin, a local of Hawaii and a much more experienced surfer, helps me to spot a set of waves coming. The wave travels closer slowly starting to break. I hurry and paddle as fast as I can to catch the perfect spot on the wave. I feel the wave start to push my board and I hop up. Then, I experience my favorite feeling ever, I caught the wave!

Comments

  1. I am so jealous of your surfing! It must have been fun to spend three weeks there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Story

At exactly 5:30 AM, the blaring alarm woke the four teenage girls from a deep sleep. They tossed and turned until Blaire realized what the day had in store. Blaire woke the others and they hurriedly showered, got dressed, brushed their teeth, combed their hair, and were out the door in less than twenty minutes. By 6:00 AM, Blaire, Kristen, Stella, and Skylar hopped into the jeep with excitement. At 6:15 the girls reached the highway, blasting the car speakers with their all-time favorite music. They enjoyed the early morning ride, laughing, texting, taking pictures and videos, until it stopped. At exactly 6:17 AM the jeep collided with an eighteen wheeler, rolled down the highway, as Blaire was halfway through what she didn't know would be her last text.

September 11th, 2001

Before watching the documentary, 9/11: Stories in Fragments , I thought I knew a lot of information about 9/11. But I was wrong. Little did I know how long the event took, that there were more than two planes, and that not only the twin towers were hit. Watching the documentary and having a personal experience toward the event- my great-grandfather having jumped from tower one while his floor was up in flames- made the experience much more intense and emotional. September 11, 2001 is a date most Americans could never forget. As much as we say "Never forget" and other phrases related to this event, historians ponder the question, what if we forget? Artifacts from the twin towers and the pentagon, ordinary, everyday objects have been collected and stored in the Smithsonian Museum. The generous owners of these objects donated them so that we, as Americans, will officially never forget.

Political Post

This past week, Judge Reinhardt died at the age of 87. He was a longtime liberal on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. The Ninth Circuit has been difficult for conservatives to deal with due to its influence of liberals such as Judge Reinhardt. However, with this vacancy on the court, along with eight others, President Trump has an opportunity to change the court to his advantage by choosing who will take the openings. He has put forth two nominees, Mark Bennett and Ryan Bounds. Bennett has support from the two democratic senators, however Bounds does not. Despite efforts made by Senator Dianne Feinstein, the senior democrat on the Judiciary Committee, President Trump will choose a nominee much different than Judge Reinhardt. After reading this article, I find it interesting to see the split between the Democrats and Republicans when it comes to the courts and replacements. Even though the Democrats will oppose the nominees President Trump picks, I believe the